The ColorChecker Classic can be used for a variety of applications, including:
- Digital Photography: Create custom camera profiles (DNG and ICC), correct neutral balance and exposure, and provide a standard for color corrections
- Film Photography: Visual reference for exposure, contrast and color
- Filmmaking: Set exposure and color in camera; match multiple cameras, color grade log and raw footage, and fine-tune color balance in post
- Graphic Arts: Check any printing or proofing process
- Scanner Profiling: Create custom ICC scanner profiles with X-Rite’s i1Studio or i1Profiler software (sold separately)
- Other industry applications
Each of the 24 colors found in ColorChecker Classic represents the actual color of natural objects, such as human skin, foliage and blue sky, and reflects light just like its real-world counterpart. Since they exemplify the color of their counterparts and reflect light the same way in all parts of the visible spectrum, the squares will match the colors of representative samples of natural objects under any illumination, and with any color reproduction process. Each solid patch is formulated individually to produce a pure, flat, rich color.
Now even more powerful – create both custom ICC and DNG camera profiles!
ColorChecker Classic targets have been used by Color perfectionists for the past decade to create custom DNG profiles for Adobe Lightroom® and Photoshop® workflows. Now you can also build custom ICC camera profiles for use in Capture One® (or other ICC compatible software) when you combine ColorChecker Classic with X-Rite ColorChecker Camera Calibration software. You’ll get accurate color at capture based on specific lighting, camera and lens combination during any given shoot, saving valuable time in edit.
|Number of Colors
||24 natural object, chromatic, primary and gray scale colors
|Description of Colors
||White, black, 4 neutral grays, blue, green, red, yellow, magenta, cyan, orange, purplish blue, moderate red, purple, yellow green and orange yellow, dark skin, light skin, blue sky, foliage, blue flower and bluish green
||85% or less, non-condensing
- Target Size: 1 x 1.75 in (24 x 40 cm)
- Shipping Size: 3 x 3 in (7.6 x 7.6 cm)
- Shipping Weight: 0.5 lbs (.25 kg)